Followers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Two tone image

Hello and welcome to my room . I hope that my blogging friends are in good spirits .
I had a pleasant afternoon with a beginner of card making while Doug put a movie  DVD on and dozed the time away.
Last night I made this card for my Tuesday ladies .
I began with Glossy White for card base .The embossed Whisper White  background has been sponged and edged with Bashful Blue. I added a little lace from my stash to the bottom . The image panel has been treated in the same way as embossed layer. . The image itself , Gumnut Brush, Helen Williams, Stamp-It.
I inked the image in Soft Suede then,  with scrap paper touched random spots to take off ink . Then, using an Old Olive Marker touched up the bare spots and stamped it .   This gives a beautiful two toned image easily.
After adhering this panel to card front I embellished with some Rhinestones from my stash .
Hope you like this one.
Catch you again soon , cheers for now , Shirley-Anne.

10 comments:

  1. What an elegant card Shirley . I love the image and the pretty embossing
    Its Mother's day here in the UK and i would like to wish you a very happy day.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Shirley-Anne,I love the embossing.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, very versatile.

    Love the embossed background and the bling in the corner is a great touch.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really pretty Shirley-Anne! I love the effect you got with the stamp. Can I ask what type of markers you use? I'm currently using watercolour pencils but I'm hoping to step up to markers and I just don't know if I'm ready for Copics straight up :o) Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley-Anne,

    Yippee! I am the first one to comment on this absolutely fantastic card... love the two tone stamping. The image is adorable and the embossing coupled with distressing looks awesome. SUPER card!

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh I Love the gumnut brush stamp, so great to see Aussie stuff, looks great with the embossing!

    Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty...the embossing is such a beautiful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, the two tone stamping looks great - looking forward to making this card this week! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card, very delicate....Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Shirley-Anne! What a beautiful card! I love the embossed background. And distressing it with blue was a marvelous touch!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday. Hope to see more of your work.

    Hugs,
    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne