Followers

Saturday, February 19, 2011

On my Mind.

Hello blogging friends, welcome to my room . Why is it that time, over weekends , seems  to speed by. Hope you are doing what you love to do with your time .
Quick ...no double quick post today . I have used this layout before in darker colours but this time I wanted something lighter , sunnier and  softer . Have you ever said " you're on my mind " ? Most times when I have said those words , the person in question has been in the forefront of my thoughts but this time,  in this case , I

wanted to show that thoughts of someone can be subtle , fleeting
and sometimes hazy but never the less warm and sincere.

I have used Whisper White as card base and So Safron , SU .
Ink is Summer Sun and I think I could have used a little darker yellow but I did not have So Safron ink so this had to do .
The image is from Pocket Silhouette, while the sentiment is from Upsy Daisy.
Scallop Trim Border punch used for bottom edge , where I placed some rhinestones as embellishment . Ribbon is from my stash .









Just a close up of image and sentiment .
Not very good but you get the idea I hope .
Next time will use something like
 Pumpkin Pie if I have not bought
the So Safron already.













That's it for now . Enjoy your crafting .

EDIT 19.02.11 just a bit later.                 Changed colour of image and sentiment . Gave the sentiment a shadow effect . Ink used was Pumpkin Pie. Used Stamp-a-ma-jig to place new sentiment over first one .

Catch you again soon , cheers for now Shirley-Anne.

7 comments:

  1. looks awesome Shirley!!!

    Great sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful colour - delightful image and i love the scalloped border with the rhinestones
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Shirley-Anne.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, sweet card... love the image and the sentiment. The rhinestones add so much richness.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Loving that color. Saffron sounds so much better than "mustard", too! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely card, I like the edited version as the sentiment stands out more, but the pics don't always do the card the justice it deserves. TFS
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. the change looks neat too, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne