Followers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thank you sincerely

Hello and welcome to my room . Hope that your week is progressing happily for you.
I took our little dog, Jacki, in to see Doug today . I did ask first if I could take her to a garden area for Doug to see her but staff said that I could take her to his room . Well I arrived before he had finished his rehab session and waited in his room with Jacki. The look  of joy on his face when he was wheeled in was priceless.
I have made a thank you card for the staff at the Royal Adelaide Hospital stroke ward and plan to make up a lolly box to hand deliver as soon as possible .


it is gate fold card in Pumkin Pie textured card stock. Thank you sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Sentiments set. Card is a Sizzix Die cut .as are the flowers , which were finished with 1/2 pearls for centres.
It really is only a small way to show appreciation of the care given by wonderful men and women who choose to be nurses.
Thank you for popping in to see me , catch you again soon . Cheers Shirley-Anne.



11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Shirley-Anne. I am sure the staff will love this. Take care.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shirley-Anne. I bet that was a real treat for Doug, how sweet of them to let you take him to his room. That will have been a wonderful tonic for him.
    Your card is gorgeous and I love the colours and design, just fabulous. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could of been there to see Dad's face! Dad and Jacki have been inseparable for 13 years?? For them to have been apart now for four weeks has been hard on them both. I am so glad that Dad is happy in the rehab centre and I am sure that daily visits from you and Jacki will help to speed up his recovery. I know he is working hard and busting to come home.

    Your card is beautiful Mum. I know the nurses will appreciate you kind thoughtfulness.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Shirley-Anne! Hope life is treating you well! I love this card - it's so clever, lovin' how you've placed the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this gate-fold card, Shirley-Anne. So kind of you to make a card for the staff. The flowers looks so sweet and the half pearls add a lot of elegance.

    So glad that Jacki brought cheer to DH...

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shirley-Anne I have a lump in my throat after hearing about your husband seeing the doggie, so pleased he sounds to be doing well. hope you are ok, your card certainly looks like you are keeping up with everything its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thanks for sharing that Shirley .. it made me cry - but in a nice way .. Michelle told me you might be able to take the dog in and i knew it would be a wonderful moment ... so glad it was.
    The card is beautiful, i love that layout .. and the nurses will really appreciate it .
    Love to you and Doug
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shirley Anne! Good to hear that Doug continues to improve and I pray for peace and strength for you through his recovery. I am sure that the staff will apppreciate your lovely card !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is wonderful Shirley-Anne, made for some special people and I am sure they will really appreciate it. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I would loved to have seen his face...what a wonderful thing for the staff to let you do Shirley...they will really appreciate your beautiful card
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's just lovely! I bet it made his day. How are you holding up? Sorry haven't been in touch - but been hectic as usual. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne