Followers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Wishes

Hi there and welcome once more . I am soo over this cold weather , roll on Summer!  Mind you , in Winter it is easier to justfy staying in to craft the hours away. Isn't it?
I have indeed been indoors most of the day creating these two cards which I am thrilled with . I have 4 male Birthdays for September so I thought that I had better make a start .

This first one was created using Top Note die cut with Big Shot , ! 1/4" square Punch ,  Curly label punch , a selection of dsp , some scrap SU ribbon and SU card stock. Sentiment from SU set Short &Sweet. I thought that I may have overdone the sponging on the edges a bit . What do you think?


Once again I have used the Big Shot with dry embossing folders for the two layers[ stripes and dots]  and the curly label Punch for the sentiment from set , Sincere Salutations , while the bird image, which has been paper pieced,  is from set, Friends 24-7.
For another embellishment I added a feather from my stash .
Well I hope that you have found these cards interesting today . Wishing you just the best kind of day and thanks again for calling in . I'd be thrilled to hear from you .
Catch you again soon , cheers Shirley-Anne

6 comments:

  1. I love both these cards. I have such a hard time with male cards, you have done a fabulous job. You DID not do too much distressing with the top card, I love the look. How did you do the bird? Did you stamp it with colored ink or color it in.? I really like the way it came out. Thanks for the inspiration.:)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stephanie. I coloured whole image with markers , for first stamping and then cut the lot out . For the bird I again used markers and cut just the bird body and layered it over first stamping .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both great cards Shirley Anne but the top one is my favourite!!!! Love the quilted look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are gorgeous! I love the warm feel of the first because it reminds me of a patchwork quilt. I don't think that you overdid the sponging at all. With that color, it just adds more warmth to the card. And I LOVE how you used the blue feather on the second. It connects to your image so nicely. Love the dry embossed background too. Perfect! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cards - love the patch work effect on the first
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two more fantastic cards, you are on a roll these days! I love the quilt effect, and your distressed sponging looks excellent. Wouldn't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne