Followers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

jac paper and mosaics inspiration

Hi  every-one. All had a good day have you? Hope so.
I have had a particularly good day . Doug and I went out  for our customery coffee  and shopping early. And after completing household  duties , I played around with scrap papers , Jac paper and Mod Podge.

Thanks Ally for the challenge you have thrown out to me .


“ I have an idea for a card using different (colour related) shapes of card for a background, probably put on jac paper,” Said she, in email . Well I hunted through Split Coast Stampers for technique then tried it for myself .
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/stainedmosaic/
Well I have tried this before using jac paper Mod Podge and serviettes but this time used some patterned paper from SU Patterns Pack. Firstly I dabbed all over paper with light coloured ink , then I tore the paper into small odd shaped pieces . I used darker shade of same ink to edge of pieces.
Taking a piece
of jac paper just smaller than C6 card front ,
 I took off top cover to reveal sticky top.

I placed pieces of paper randomly over sticky jac paper, overlapping each piece and the edges.


Using Mod Podge,  I coated the lot to seal . .now here’s where I missed a step . I should have precut to size required first and inked cut edges before coating . I left project for a while to dry Mod Podge .
 
 
 
 
 
 
Carefully, I peeled backing off underside of jac paper and layered onto green card base .
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And to embellish the card front I stamped image from SU set Nature's Nest, onto some green scrap card in Chocolate Chip. I stamped same image again on white card scrap and paper pieced it over 1st image .
And here it is , finished
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you found it interesting .
I'll try another one soon to see if I can do better.
Thanks for calling in . Cheers for now  Shirley-Anne 

2 comments:

  1. Very clever idea and such a lovely effect it creates. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a brilliant idea Shirley Anne...great card
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne