Followers

Friday, June 18, 2010

Be of Good Cheer

I have spent some three hours straight  in my room this afternoon on a roll . Only interupted by the mundane duties of life in short bursts. Just love those days .
I have made two more Christmas cards to match Robyn's 15 now. Are you keeping tabs on our progress ? Here are the links to Robyn and  Sue.
Sue.. who has 4 now
http://sue-myinnerreflection.blogspot.com/
Robyn who has 15

I am happy that Robyn has allowed us to use any layout at all.
My first card tonight is from Natural Ivory , with a layer of Real Red , more Natural Ivory and a strip of Real Red and DSP through centre and to the right. All SU.
The greeting, at top , and  snow drop at bottom left and the tree are from set , Snow Swirled SU. Inks used are Real Red and Kiwi Kiss SU. I ran the stampinwheel with Soft holly  in Old Olive  SU over DSP.
I only added a little bling to the tree.

My second card .

This one has Natural Ivory card base as well,  in a top fold card.  Firstly  I stamped script large background stamp , En Francais, in Sahara Sand onto front , leaving a couple of cms at bottom . I created fancy bottom edge with Martha Sterwart punch and added Old Olive ribbon just above it .
Using Lovely Lilac and Very Vanilla cardstock and a small circle punch for the corners  I made the centre piece . The holly is from set Good Cheer SU and inked in Old Olive but coloured with markers .
The greeting inked,  in Old Olive, is from set Teeny Tiny Sentiments . I made two tags using the Word Window punch from SU and attetched them with brads as shown , before adhering the lot with Stampin Dimensials to card front .

Hope you like these as I add them to my stash .
Cheers for now , Shirley-anne

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I particularly like the first one. The colour combination is wonderful but I think the layout is what makes it stand out for me. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful.. i have to say, i am in agreement with Michelle , m favourite is the first. I love traditional christmas colours- and the tree is gorgeous

    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Shirley-anne
    both such beautiful cards, I love them both, but the bottom one is my favourite.
    hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley-anne - thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a kind comment. I have really enjoyed looking at your beautiful work - I am so impressed with the amount of Christmas cards you've made already! I started off with good intentions in January with the "Bah Humbug" Christmas card blog, but only made 3 cards!!
    These two cards are stunning - I particualrly like the tree image on the first one and the traditional rich Xmas colours.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne