Followers

Monday, May 24, 2010

Scallop Circle card


What a day ! Actually it has been a busy week . Good to sit quiet now and share some things with you .
Hello , glad you could make it tonight.
I  made a couple of cards for the  challenge to make  50 Christmas cards by 1st December . See side bar .
I had  my Tuesday card kits to make  [ 24]  And I had things to prepare for a Sunday [ yesterday]
workshop.
Any way my bags are packed for tomorrow so stamping in earnest is  out for  tonight .
Instead I have been playing with my bigshot and dies .
I guess some-one has done this before ...BUT
I have not seen it , so this is my  own thinking . This is the first of my experiment card . I cut one circle to get the size so I could fold some  card stock to accommodate the circle with a hinge . I placed the fold on the die just below the top 4 scallops . So when I ran it through the machine I finished up with a scallop  circle card . As shown . I punched a large circle , stamped an image, cut it out , placed it onto the circle then adhered that to cover  the hinge . I cut the 1st scallop circle in half and adhered it to card front to match scallops .
Not a great colour combination but I used scraps and will  keep this as a template for future showing .
  Here is one that I have made just a little different
I made the scallop circle card from Pretty in Pink cardstock and cut another single circle from paper from SU Patterns Paper 11. which I adhered over card front, overlapping  above hinge . Then I embellished front .








And so on to the inside .







And that's a wrap for tonight .


I think that this has actually been a fun night .
What's the bet now I will see examples of this every where !

Never mind .

Hope that I have not been too long winded in my post tonight .
  Perhaps you can tell me where you have seen this before and show me the link to  your version .
                          Cheers Shirley-anne

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne