Followers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Making a start...


Here I used a bought card base of royal blue , attached some striped  SU DSP on the left . I used the bigshot to creat the Top Note for the greeting from the set  , Christ is Born , SU. Placing a couple of flower embellishments to the top and some Snow Burst set images at the bottom , finished the quick card .

Thought it about time I began creating my Christmas cards when I read on someone's blog about setting herself a challenge to make so many before December. But here is a tip fellow crafters , when you are blog browsing and you want to join in a step like this [ that is a challenge not with a stamping group]  Make a note of the blog name after you leave a comment to say you will join in . I DID NOT ! Now I cant remember where I was. I have checked all my saved blogs sites but of course that article doesn't stay on top does it...so please if I left a comment on your blog about joining you in  making so many Christmas cards before December , can you let me know? .
So any way here are three as starters. This one has Bashful Blue as card base and stampsets  Festive Favorites and Occasional Greetings.                                                                                      Using the very light Bashful Blue ink for the greeting and only colouring the middle snowman kept this card "cool" I think.    
I began by using some card bases that I had cut and folded some time ago, so I forget which green card this is from SU but I am thinking that it would be Certainly Celery.  And I know this set Festive Favorites has been retired but I love it still.                     Many Merry Messages  set used  for the greeting which I split for a  different look . 
Well that's it for today .  So far any way . Thank you for browsing and Id love it if you would call in again soon . Hope you liked these quick cards from today .
PS.. edited same day
          PPS...  edited again same day
To keep up with my Christmas card numbers watch this label..
Christmas Wishes..

Thank you to Robyn for answering my call . Many hugs.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley Anne! It was ME!!!! So happy you have joined in! Your cards are simple but gorgeous-just right for easy posting at Christmas! TFS and well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Shirley Anne I love these they are so beautifully simple and I love the bright colours you used..perfect chrsitmas cards
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley Anne - the cards are lovely! Makes me think I ought to start making some !!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading each one .
hugs Shirley-Anne